cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

[Question #199099]: Uninstalling: problem of corruption left on my hard disc

New question #199099 on Cairo-Dock Core:
https://answers.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-core/+question/199099

I enjoyed explorign Cairo-Dock, in search of alterations to the classic Ubuntu 12.04 dock. I then realised I was quite happy to go back to the native dock feeeling that Cairo made my machine function more slowly. and wished to get rid of Cairo, but having learnt much by using it.
Unfortunately and what with the change over to using a new graphcs card, I have a problem;

'Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.cairo-dock.org_ubuntu_dists_intrepid_cairo-dock_binary-i386_Packages, E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.'

 I cannot use the hardware updater, and neither am I able to use the software updater being warned with this message:
"software update problem:
could not initialise package info.
Could not initialise the package information

An unresolvable problem occurred while initialising the package information.

Please report this bug for the 'update-manager' package and try to include the following error message:

'E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, E:Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.cairo-dock.org_ubuntu_dists_intrepid_cairo-dock_binary-i386_Packages, E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.'"

 that I have an error. I tried to purge the program awa,y but that failed.

I need to install a driver for the new card - if i can and have the right one, but this problem is a separate issue ..i'm sure..
What should I do?

Cairo-Dock Team, which is an answer contact for Cairo-Dock Core.