cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #208844]: Where can I submit bug fixes?

Question #208844 on Cairo-Dock Plug-ins changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-plug-ins/+question/208844

Matthieu Baerts proposed the following answer:
Hello and thank you for this question!

> Where can I submit bug fixes?
It's maybe better to open a new bug report. Then you can add your patch (e.g. made with 'diff -Naur' if you have the original tarball ; or with 'bzr diff' if the sources have been downloaded with bzr ; or by pushing your modification on a new BZR branch).

For us, the best is to download the latest revision from BZR repo (it's better because it's possible that the bug has been fixed or the code has changed) and then 'commit' and 'push' the modification on a new branch (or produce a patch made with 'bzr diff') but I can understand that it's a bit more complicated to use BZR if you never used a version control system (like BZR, Git, SVN, Hg, Mercurial, etc.). About BZR, you can have a look to our wiki for more details: http://glx-dock.org/ww_page.php?p=Help%20us%20with%20BZR&lang=en
And if you want the documentation about Cairo-Dock's API, you can have a look there: http://glx-dock.org/ww_page.php?p=Documentation&lang=en

Now about the bug, I'm going to add a new bug report.

Cairo-Dock Team, which is an answer contact for Cairo-Dock Plug-ins.