cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #219099]: How delete I Cairo-dock without problems (Precise)

Question #219099 on Cairo-Dock Core changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-core/+question/219099

Eglefino is still having a problem:
I'm happy you or someone gave an reaction.

I've tried to delete Cairo-Dock first on the same way as installed it (Software-centre), but it wasn't away.
I have not tell that I miss the layer on the background from the Gnome fallback (Unity), so it's very difficulty to click or start a program what I can't see as I wanted. The backgroundphoto (1920 x1080) is my background and I have tried a lot of options* with my Samsung graphic screen and ATI graphic card (*= 32-year of Windows software/hardware experience helped me some times).

I deleted every icon on the dock by hand but at the end I got a very
short dock and a jumping 'pinguino' and I could not start anything. So
today I got it a try to start again with Cairo-Dock (from the short
dock), because there was for me no other solution. I tried even to
install the Gnome-manger but I could not find any solution and to start
the live-CD, but it will not start (how it work in the terminal I don't
know).

It's strange that I can work with the dock (it's deleted in the software
centre), so I'm making this dock longer and I can use my G-edit, Firefox
and some other (after a restart). Also Compiz came up (like a pop-up)
from behind my background.... Maybe if someone can help me to get that
layer on his place... (get a restart) and maybe Cairo can delete or work
better either :-).  There is one strange small screen with a
searchmachine in it, which I cannot get from his place; with right click
I have one solutions (in English) 'reload', normaly my text is Dutch.
That's the only strange thing what I can see, without the layer of
course. Hope you can give me a solution.

Maybe I've started/tried Cairo-dock to early in my newbie Ubuntu-period.
I use Ubuntu (without another OS) since a year. I said goodbey to
Microsoft and shall never return, despite this problems I'm a happy
Ubuntu user, it cannot be worser as with Windows!

Cairo-Dock Devs, which is an answer contact for Cairo-Dock Core.