cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

[Question #271180]: Is there an option for keybindings similar to Unity or Windows 7

New question #271180 on Cairo-Dock Core:
https://answers.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-core/+question/271180

I've been looking for mechanisms in cairo dock that Unity and Win7 provide, but I want to continue to use xfce. I've been checking out a few docks without luck so far. I like cairo-dock and would like to know if it is possible to set it up with those features:

- Windows key to open a menu where I can start to type to start programs directly. (The dock doesn't necessarily need to do that, xfce-whisker-menu does this job fine already.)
- Pin apps to the dock so they stay at the same position in the dock, whether started or not. (This is already possible and works fine.)
- Start or switch to the app at n-th position via Winkey+n. (This seems to be the feature thats hard to come by.)

I know there is an extension to user Winkey+Return and then the number, but since I have to work with windows from time to time, I would like to keep it similar. And honestly... I like it. :)

Thanks!

--
You received this question notification because your team Cairo-Dock
Devs is an answer contact for Cairo-Dock Core.