cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #271180]: Is there an option for keybindings similar to Unity or Windows 7

Question #271180 on Cairo-Dock Core changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-core/+question/271180

Matthieu Baerts posted a new comment:
Hello, thank you for this question and sorry for the delay!

> - Windows key to open a menu where I can start to type to start
programs directly. (The dock doesn't necessarily need to do that, xfce-
whisker-menu does this job fine already.)

I think it's not possible to reserve only one key as a shortkey without removing all shortkeys using this key. The only way to do that is to directly communicate with the WM as Unity does.
If it's fine for you to use two keys, you can enable Cairo-Dock's "Applications Menu" plugin and use this shortkey: <Ctrl>+F2 (note that you can modify it from its config panel ; you can also try to manually set '<Super>' as shortkey but I'm not sure it will work).

> - Start or switch to the app at n-th position via Winkey+n

It's already possible with the "Remote Control" applet: try this
shortkey: '<Super>Return' + [1-9]

> I know there is an extension to user Winkey+Return and then the
number, but since I have to work with windows from time to time, I would
like to keep it similar.

You can modify all shortkeys but it's possible that you need to use at
least 2 keys.

--
You received this question notification because your team Cairo-Dock
Devs is an answer contact for Cairo-Dock Core.