calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Stylizer

I've just committed an initial (incomplete) framework for html2epub. If you
want to do the CSS code, you need to implement the following:

1) calibre.ebooks.epub.from_html.HTMLProcessor.collect_font_statistics
This function needs to figure out the base font size for the current HTML
document.

2) A module calibre.ebooks.epub.css that does the following
Given a CSS sheet as a cssutils CSSStyleSheet object it should make the
following changes:
 - Given a magnification ratio it should adjust all specified font sizes. It
should also set the base font size for the HTML element to a user specified
value.

 - Adjust the CSS to guarantee user specified page margins (implementing this
can be delayed)

In the meantime I will continue to develop the rest of the html2epub
framework. Let me know if you don't want to do this or if you have any
questions/concerns.

Kovid.

--

Kovid Goyal  MC 452-48
California Institute of Technology
1200 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91125

cell  : +01 626 390 8699
office: +01 626 395 6595 (449 Lauritsen)
email : kovid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web   : http://www.kovidgoyal.net