calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: OPF meta/@name namespacing

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Marshall T. Vandegrift
<llasram@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My primary concerns now are that it will be harder to parse (and
> require that parsers expose NS/prefix mappings) and that it will be
> difficult to implement correctly in terms of metadata.opf2.

Replying to myself like an insane person...  Doing some quick
Google-research reveals that whether or not to use "QNames" in XML
attribute values is a pseudo-religious issue in the XML community.  But
some very widely used XML technologies -- like XSLT -- do do it.

I still think that it would be fairly difficult to add to metadata.opf2
though.  Maybe hold off until modularization, at which point we can
reconsider the basic way calibre handles OPF metadata?

-Marshall