calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: OPF meta/@name namespacing

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Kovid Goyal <kovid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> My alternative proposal is to just prefix the @name values with
>> 'calbre-'.  The '-' won't be mistaken for a namespace prefix
>> separator and is consistent with how OEBPS 1.x OPF @name values were
>> made pseudo unique (at least as expressed in MS LIT files).
>
> That's fine by me.

At the risk of being even crazier, I went ahead and implemented my
original proposal.  The implementation in metadata.opf2 handles the
'calibre:' prefix pretty much exactly like it would 'calibre-', which
should be good enough for typical book-reader users.  The implementation
for OEBBook actually groks everything out as XML QNames and can thus
handle e.g. arbitrary namespace prefixes as long as they point to the
proper namespace URIs.

I'm pretty happy with the code, but because it's a bit of a change I've
pushed it into a new branch at lp:~llasram/calibre/qname-metadata.

Let me know what you think!

-Marshall