calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Modularization: The Empire Strikes Back!

On Saturday 07 February 2009 08:17:50 Marshall T. Vandegrift wrote:
> The interface for Readers is even more simple.  As I'm sure you've had
> in mind the whole time, but I just realized, the way conversion chains
> need to work is that the user will select the output format while
> calibre auto-detects the input format.  If calibre is detecting the
> input format per conversion, then it can't present any options which
> vary with input format.

Before I check out the code, let me address this. I am hoping to allow both
readers and writers to present options to customize their behavior. The
command line interface will be

ebook-convert file.input file.output [options]

where the order of arguments is significant. The available options will be
adjusted based on the types of the input and output file names.

Kovid.

--

Kovid Goyal  MC 452-48
California Institute of Technology
1200 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91125

cell  : +01 626 390 8699
office: +01 626 395 6595 (449 Lauritsen)
email : kovid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web   : http://www.kovidgoyal.net