calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Conversion pipeline complete!

Hi All,

This is to announce that the conversion pipeline is now complete. It has
achieved feature parity (more or less) with the old code and has plenty of nice
new features as well. You can use it via the command ebook-convert.

It currently supports conversion between the following formats:

Input: epub mobi pdb pdf txt rtf lit fb2 odt html/opf pml cbz cbr

Output: epub lrf mobi lit pdf txt pml

The major outstanding features left are (as far as I know):

1) Support for font embedding in EPUB
2) Support for globally or selectively disabling font rescaling

In the near future I plan to work on integrating the new code into the GUI,
however it's possible my thesis defence will be in mid-May, in which case my
productivity is likely to hit zero very quickly.

A big thank you to Marshall as his OEBBook code formed the basis of the new
pipeline.

Kovid.
--

Kovid Goyal