calibre-devs team mailing list archive

0.7.21 imminent

Hi all,

It's that time of the week again, 0.7.21 is arriving, with the unstoppable momentum of a elephant on roller skates.

0.7.21 marks the complete integration of custom columns (i.e. user created metadata) into calibre.
You can now use custom columns in all sorts of contents - templates/device drivers/the content server, etc.

To this end, there has been a major internal refactoring of the object that carries metadata between different parts of calibre, MetaInformation. It has been renamed to Metadata and now lives in calibre.ebooks.metadata.book.base

Hopefully we have already caught most of the corner cases resulting from this migration, but I'm sure there are a few left.

Other cool new features:

1) Functions and conditional text in templates
2) Metadata plugboards to arbitrarily modify metadata when exporting from the calibre library
3) Virtual columns that use templates to combine metadata from other columns
4) calibre now backsup all metadata in its database into OPF files in each book directory automatically
5) Serialization/de-serialization of custom metadata to OPF/EPUB

Plenty of other stuff that I can't recall right now.

For more details, see the beta thread here: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99262

Kovid.

--

Dr. Kovid Goyal