calibre-devs team mailing list archive

0.7.27 imminent

Hear ye, hear ye,

0.7.27 will be released in the next 24 hours, so now's the time for last minute patches. Major changes:

  - Switched to using Qt WebKit to render book metadata in the details panel as it is both faster and more robust that QTextEdit

  - A few interesting changes to make the GUI more responsive (I hope) on slower systems. (Basically, comment sanitization moved to its own thread and I tweaked the check interval of the python interpreter to make it more suited for a GUI app). We'll see what the fallout will be :)

  - A refactor of the news download subsystem to fix a multithreading issue that apparently only happens on Ubuntu Maverick 64bits. The refactoring meant a change to the way mechanize is used in the news download system. Hopefully the change will be transparent and cause no breakage, but... If you have any recipes of your own, please test.

Kovid.

--

Dr. Kovid Goyal
http://www.kovidgoyal.net