calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Patch to calibre (zip folder from save to disk) and feature question

> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 07:35:26PM +0100, Romain Arcila (GMail) wrote:
> > >You can already any number of files you like to a book record via the edit metadata dialog. Why do you need extra functionality?
> >
> > >Kovid.
> > I have looked on the edit metadata dialog again, and I do not see where
> > arbitrary files can be added (except in the available format handling). Have I
> > missed something ?
>
> You can add a new format to the record by clicking the red book icon with a plus. A format can be any file. The only limitation is that you cannot have two files with the same extension.
>
> Kovid.
Ok, that what I thought. Then I think that this not what I want. Attached file
is conceptually different of a format (i.e the same data in a different
format). It can be:
	- complementary data (source code example)
	- Correction to the book (errata)
	- Even a video.

As a consequece, it can be a pdf, a zip or a source code file: the attached
file should not replace the book in the same format.

Romain Arcila

Follow ups