caneypuggies team mailing list archive

Re: Fixing setuptools error

On 06/25/2010 03:08 PM, Stacy Weirick wrote:
> Ps. Since I can do all my studies using Firefox in Ubuntu the only
> obstacle I have to using my laptop completely is my ability to print.
> I have a Kodak ESP 3200 Series (usb connect) that I am unable to
> locate the drivers for.  I have thought about using a virtual box but
> I would have to be able to locate my W7 installation first wouldn't I?
> Would my printing capability even work that way? With a virtual box?

I haven't succeeded yet in printing from VirtualBox, though I think it's
possible.

I assume in Ubuntu you've gone to "System - Administration - Printing -
Add" and had Ubuntu search for your printer while it's plugged in.  I
don't see any Unix/Linux/Ubuntu driver downloads on Kodak's site
<http://www.kodak.com/global/mul/service/downloads/DownloadLookup.jhtml?pq-path=15393/15505&product=EKN036743>,
but there's a driver here
<http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Kodak/Kodak-ESP_3250> that
supposedly works "partially"--follow the CUPS instructions since Ubuntu
uses CUPS.  This <http://sourceforge.net/projects/cupsdriverkodak/> may
be the same driver, but might be a newer version.

Tim