caneypuggies team mailing list archive

Dr. Dobb's Update - leave breadcrumbs for yourself

Hi all,

I recommend subscribing to Dr. Dobb's Journal or at least their email
update, because both provide high quality articles which will make you a
better programmer.  This article is not very technical in nature, but I
wanted to let you know about it and just mention that the way we're
implementing this recommendation to leave a trail of breadcrumbs for
yourself is that at the end of a CaneyPUGgies meeting, or at least at
the end of a time when I am programming at home, we put a comment in the
code that says "// TODO: Start here" and maybe explains a little more of
what needs to be done.  That makes it easy to find where to start again
when we have time to get back to programming on another day.

http://www.drdobbs.com/architecture-and-design/leave-breadcrumbs-for-yourself/240006675

Tim