canonical-x team mailing list archive

Re: Unity pointer barriers update for xserver 1.14?

Le 05/02/2013 20:18, Bryce Harrington a écrit :
Hi Didier,

I wanted to make sure we have a closed loop on this issue.

As per UDS plans we're looking to update to xserver 1.14.  One of the
changes is that our pointer barriers work is now included upstream, so
we can drop the ubuntu PB patch.  However, the upstream version is
slightly different from what we had before, and so some changes will be
needed to Unity in order to work with it.

We can provide snapshot builds of the xserver 1.14 pre-release in a PPA,
but do you know of someone on the Unity side of things who would work on
adding support for 1.14 style barriers?  Do you have an escalation path
for key issues like this?

Hey Bryce,
Argh, we just had our catchup meeting with the Unity team yesterday, missed by this >< ! ;)

So, the unity 13.04 team is really small (3 persons), and we didn't plan for that, but let's see (adding Thomas and Stephen in CC) if they can find some resources so that we can update to the new xserver 1.14 and ensuring we can work with the latest version of pointer barriers.

Thomas, Stephen, if the Xorg team is providing a ppa with the new pieces, do you think we can sneak on the schedule to dedicate some time to be able to work with the last xserver we are going to ship in ubuntu? AFAIK (last time I looked at this part of the code, last year) the barrier code is pretty trivial on the unity side, so it shouldn't take an awful period of time.

Cheers,
Didier