cbc.block team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #208903]: down_cast problem

Question #208903 on CBC.Block changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/cbc.block/+question/208903

Joachim Haga proposed the following answer:
Aha! The dolfin interface was changed a few days ago:

"6903. By Anders Logg <logg@glaurung> on 2012-09-14
Merge work on redesigned LinearOperator / matrix-free interface:

[...]
- Rename down_cast --> as_type in C++ / as_backend_type in Python
[...]"

I'll have a go at fixing this soon (unless anyone beats me to it ;). In the
meantime, it should be sufficient to change the two lines in __init__.py
from

    dolfin.GenericMatrix.down_cast = dolfin.down_cast
    dolfin.GenericVector.down_cast = dolfin.down_cast

    dolfin.GenericMatrix.down_cast = dolfin.as_backend_type
    dolfin.GenericVector.down_cast = dolfin.as_backend_type

-j.