checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

Transitioning providers from DPMT to PAPT

FYI:

16:16 < zyga> p1otr: hey, I have a question about
plainbox-provider-resource-generic, we'd like to transition that away from
setup.py (so a traditional python package) to a package technically
shipping python
              scripts but using `manage.py build/install` for all the
build-related actions, with manage.py coming from python3-plainbox
16:16 < p1otr> great!
16:18 < zyga> p1otr: so the question, does that still fall under DPMT? do
you want to move the package somewhere else?
16:19 < p1otr> if it installs into dist-packages, it qualifies for DPMT, if
it doesn't and has something written in Python - PAPT
16:19 < zyga> p1otr: this is how the new packaging will look like (this is
PPA packaging so it does stuff like '--sourcedirectory=' and 'cd directory/
&& do-stuff'
16:19 < zyga>
https://code.launchpad.net/~zkrynicki/checkbox/ppa-packaging-plainbox-provider-resource-generic/+merge/213854
16:19 < p1otr> build system doesn't matter
16:20 < zyga> p1otr: ok, I guess PAPT then, it doesn't create any python
modules anymore
16:20 < zyga> p1otr: (it didn't either before but it used to have a
setup.py file)
16:20 < zyga> p1otr: so how do we execute that?
16:20 < zyga> p1otr: apply to PAPT, copy the code over?
16:21 < p1otr> yes please
16:21 < zyga> p1otr: ok, thanks, I'll apply and get this moving after we
get the initial testing done to verify what I just wrote really works

Thanks
ZK