checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

Next release of Checkbox - Updated packages (critical)

Hello!

Related to my announcement and call for testing from last week, please
be advised that I've just published updates to a few checkbox-family
packages, to address one critical issue found during this week's testing.

The bug in question causes generation of bad XML files which result in
submissions showing no devices when uploaded to certification.

This bug should only affect you if you were using checkbox from the
dev ppa or the testing PPA. The fix is now on both those PPAs, so if
you update your python3-plainbox package as noted below, you should
not experience any problems.

The updated package comes from plainbox (was
0.13~c1, the new version is 0.13~c2).

Here's the log of changes for trunk (the base source code):

  [ Zygmunt Krynicki ]
   * plainbox:xml: fix xml control character filter to allow
whitespace (LP: #1372403).

There are no packaging changes in this update.

To test these changes, please apt-get install python3-plainbox.

Thanks for your help testing this release and apologies for bringing
out changes with such short notice.

Regards,

- Daniel