checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

The QML contentHub API

Hello,

This is a promising feature but we can't really use it, at least the way we
planned to use it. Our objective was to get a persistent storage location
from this service to save the test reports (e.g ~/Documents).

The problem is twofold, first we can't blindly export our files (html/xml)
to the hub an expect a method to store them in this location. It does not
work like that. It's a true peer to peer communication.

The second issue is support for mime types that does not exist yet and the
lack of applications declaring supporting a range of types.

It means that we can't export our results and open the browser app to display
the html report. Only Pictures, Music and Contacts are supported so far.

Of course we could register checkbox-touch as a provider of these MIME types
but given that no app is able to open them, I'd wait before investing in this
feature.

Sylvain