checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Interactive resource jobs

On 12/03/15 15:00, Zygmunt Krynicki wrote:
> This merge requests [1] makes me realize we should have support for
> interactive resource jobs. It's much less of a hack than using
> dependencies and failing remaining jobs.
>

> [1] https://code.launchpad.net/~cypressyew/checkbox/fix-desc-touchscreen-job/+merge/252683

This is the incorrect fix for this, but I didn't arrive soon enough to
comment on the merge request.

We have these two tests:

 - touchscreen/nontouch-automated - detects automatically if a display
is NOT touch
 - touchscreen/multitouch-automated - detects automatically if it is touch

The rest of touch tests are based on multitouch-automated (the positive
one), except touchscreen/multitouch-manual, the depends on the nontouch
one, basically to make sure that the screen is actually non touch (and
not a problem with the driver).

So the multitouch-manual test should say something like:

"Your screen was detected as a non touch screen. Is this correct?"

So, if it was actually a touch one we fail the test, and not the other
way round.

Po-Hsu, can you propose another merge along those lines, please?

Thanks!
Ara.