checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Summary of the discussion about system states

(replying on the list)

The extra state constraint can be modelled as a new inhibitor (we have
a few so adding more is easy). This would naturally prevent one from
re-running jobs that require a given system state that's not
available. I agree that the rerun feature, to be complete, would
require ability to also rerun a state-triggering job (perhaps all
state-triggering jobs could be available for rerun so that the user
can manually perform the required transitions).

As for understanding the effective sequence, I think we're already
covered by 'plainbox dev analyze' (the UI can be improved to make this
command easier to discover). It is also blocked by bug [1] but we are
likely to fix it soon so it should not be a concern.

Thanks
ZK

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/plainbox/+bug/1443238