chromebook-arm team mailing list archive

Adobe Flash in Chromium

Hi list

I'm trying to get Flash to work in Chromium in Ubuntu. So far I've got it sort-of-working by copying over the file /opt/google/chrome/pepper/libpepflashplayer.so from Chrome OS and running Chromium as follows

chromium-browser --ppapi-flash-path=/opt/google/chrome/pepper/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=11.3.31.518 --ppapi-flash-args=enable_hw_video_decode=0,enable_stagevideo_auto=0,enable_trace_to_console=0

Hardware acceleration doesn't work. Hardware acceleration works on Chrome OS (yes, even with the "enable_hw_video_decode=0" argument (the argument list is taken from a running chrome-process in Chrome OS)). When I play videos on YouTube that are not HD, the video is smooth. If I play videos that have HD as an option - but choose a lower resolution manually - the video is choppy. In both cases the audio is fine, but full screen doesn't work (it's as if it tries to go full screen but goes back to normal).

Has anyone had better luck getting Flash working?

/Rune