clicompanion-devs team mailing list archive

OS-specific commands in the command library

How will clicompanion handle commands that are only in Ubuntu, or only
in Debian, or "only in Ubuntu unless you install package FOO in Debian,
which is not the default and which most Debian users don't do"?

Example #1: there are several commands in the current command library
(the .clicompanion file in the source tree (and *why* do we have a
source tree component that is so vital hidden with a leading period??)
which use ufw.  The ufw package does exist in Debian, but I have never
seen a Debian user install or use it :)

Example #2: Many commands in the library use sudo; This is not the
default Debian way of gaining root priviledges.  Should these be
installed differently in Debian, or should clicompanion check for the
existence of the sudo package and that the current user has sudo
priviledges before displaying them?  Both?

Jonathan