clicompanion-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Clicompanion 1.1 release process

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:04 PM, bdfhjk <bdfhjk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry, if any from You fell discouraged because of my work. This isn't my
> goal and I want that we work as a team. I usually work in one man projects,
> so I may haven't intuition what I should do/ what I'm allowed to do.
>
> In the future, I will be more informative.
>
> So, currently I say our DD (Piotr), that we must wait with release, and
> before that fix some bugs. I want follow process described by Jonathan -
> described in last mail.
>
> Now, I will concentrate at automatically detection of operating system and
> changing/disabling commands if necessary. This is upstream work, so it is
> my duty.
>
> Duane possibly work on commands categories (tree view). This is not
> release critical and if He won't do it before rest of work will be done, we
> can (in my opinion - please comment your fellings) move it for 1.2 release.
>
> Jonathan - If You will have some free time in this week, It will be great
> if You solve bug #622063 (
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/clicompanion/+bug/622063)
>
> Stlsaint - We must check one more time, that our debian package branch is
> compatibile with Debian Policy. Almost work is done, You may fix only
> details - like mentioned image license (BTW still no hear from naesk)
>
> After above, we start testing on different machines and follow rest of
> Jonathan instructions.
>

> Of course, there are only my propositions. I'm waiting for your replies
> and we both decide what is the best for our projects.
>
> Thanks for all, sorry for problems, good luck in our project!
>
> Marek Bardoński
>
> --

Marek,
If anything I am encouraged by your work. I greatly appreciate everything
you have done on the project. I hope it has been a great learning
experience for you. I know I have learned more about Python from working
with you.

Team,
I have thought about our issue with the command list needing to be
different for ubuntu and debian. One option i thought might work is
seperating the CLI program from the command list.  Similar to Acire and
Python Snippets. The user would install CLI Companion and then install the
command list for their distro. Another idea is shipping CLI Companion with
two command lists and in the Preferences Panel the user can select 'Debian'
or 'Ubuntu' and load the appropriate command list.  I am liking the second
one. However I would love everyones input.

Thanks,
Duane

--
Duane Hinnen