Subject: Re: CLI Companion (Bug #1043706)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 00:07:43 -0800
From: Jonathan Marsden <jmarsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Duane Hinnen <duanedesign@xxxxxxxxxx>

Duane,

On 11/12/2012 07:03 PM, Duane Hinnen wrote:

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/clicompanion/+bug/1043706

> I took a look at this this week and it was not obvious to me. If
> your schedule allows please take a quick look and se if yu have any
> clues as to what this might be.

(1) Issue only occurs when your screen is very low resolution, vertical
res under 750.  I duplicated it (on my desktop machine) by running
Ubuntu 12.04 in a virtualbox VM, installing the "Guest Additions", and
then resizing the virtual screen to be very short indeed.

(2) I'm not familiar with the view.py code, but I think the issue is
that the init_config method is called from MainWindow's __init__ method
in line 225, and within it, it accesses self.cmd_notebook (if you have a
very low vertical resolution screen) -- but cmd_notebook is not created
until line 231, so it does not yet exist.

Hence, I think that the message:

  AttributeError: 'MainWindow' object has no attribute 'cmd_notebook'

is 100% correct... it really doesn't (yet) have such an attribute :)

I suspect reordering the code in the __init__ method is all that is
needed to fix this.  You will want to create the cmd_notebook earlier,
before calling init_config.  I don't know whether doing that would
create any other problems, though, and I have not tried it.

Hoping this helps,

Jonathan