cloud-init-dev team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: [Merge] lp:~harlowja/cloud-init/query-tool-is-back into lp:cloud-init
I'd like to have the query tool back. Some comments:
* I'd like some cmdline mechanism to request a single variable 'cloud-init query --instance-id' or something like that. Saving that, at very least well formatted data needs to be output for '--what=ds'. As it exists right now, I dont think its machine parsable output really. I kind of liked hte way it was in revno 649 in that respect.
Basically, I want people to be able to use this as a replacement for 'ec2metadata --instance-id' or 'ec2metadata --local-hostname'. I dont think doing this consistently across data sources is easy, but I'd like to try.
* 'self._write_to_cache(safe=False)' is more readable than below, which just looks odd.
* seems like unused change for 'hash_blob' creeped in.
* random newline in 'Requires' was added.
* cloudinit/pprint.py has 'vim: not consistent with other 'vi:'. I'm not opposed to that change, but I'd prefer it done once all over if we wanted that.
# vim: tabstop=4 shiftwidth=4 softtabstop=4
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~harlowja/cloud-init/query-tool-is-back into lp:cloud-init.