Re: [Merge] lp:~harlowja/cloud-init/boto-metadata-fixings into lp:cloud-init

It generally looks ok, except one thing.
Previously, you could determine the difference between "no user data provided" and "user data was explicitly provided as ''".

This difference is rendered correctly in the metadata service on both openstack and ec2.  'user-data' will not appear in the metadata service if no user-data was provided.

Can we somehow correctly represent this?
I'm not sure that it actually matters in cloud-init, but at one point e had a bug if no user-data was provided.

Ie, i'm looking at:
60	+ ud = boto_utils.get_instance_userdata(api_version, None, metadata_address)
61	+ if not ud:
62	+ ud = ''
63	+ return ud
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~harlowja/cloud-init/boto-metadata-fixings/+merge/131301
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~harlowja/cloud-init/boto-metadata-fixings into lp:cloud-init.