Re: [Merge] lp:~harlowja/cloud-init/fix-passwd into lp:cloud-init

I dont have a good explanation for why system accounts would differ from non-system accounts with reguard to 'lock_passwd'.  So, I'm just going to simplify this to:
+        # Default locking down the account.  'lock_passwd' defaults to True.
+        # lock account unless lock_password is False.
+        if kwargs.get('lock_passwd', True):

My simple test on 12.04 shows that 'passwd -l USER' works fine even if user's entry in /etc/shadow has '*' (which means 'no password').

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~harlowja/cloud-init/fix-passwd/+merge/142019
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~harlowja/cloud-init/fix-passwd into lp:cloud-init.