Re: long option names for commands

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Haefliger, Juerg wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm about to add SLES support to cloud-init and I realized that SLES11
> doesn't support long option names for certain commands (passwd, useradd,
> chpasswd, and probably more). Should I 'fix' cloud-init to use the short
> names or is that a distro-specific change that the SLES package manager
> needs to take care of?

When invoking a program, I really prefer to use long format arguments for
the self-documenting nature.

The intent was that 'Distro:create_user', 'set_password' could be
overrideable, in a Distro subclass.  So you could do that there, but I'd
also be willing to accept something else that sanely did that, as at least
'create_user' is longer than it could be.

Scott