Re: [Merge] lp:~yufang521247/cloud-init/fix-setpassword-for-rhel5 into lp:cloud-init

Hi,
  Sorry this has taken so long to get back to.
  I dont think your change is right.  As what you're doing is changing the call to chpasswd to be 'chpasswd <blob-of-stuff>' rather than 'echo "blob-of-stuff" | chpasswd'.

  The right chnage I think is to do it like this:
- ch_in = '\n'.join(plist_in)
+ ch_in = '\n'.join(plist_in) + '\n'

   Could you verify that that works ?

   Also, if you'd like your name in the commit logs for this, please sign the contributors agreement (http://www.canonical.com/contributors) and re-submit.

Thanks for noticing this and submitting a merge proposal. Sorry i didn't see it earlier.
Scott
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~yufang521247/cloud-init/fix-setpassword-for-rhel5/+merge/168278
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~yufang521247/cloud-init/fix-setpassword-for-rhel5 into lp:cloud-init.