Re: [Merge] lp:~gholms/cloud-init/rsyslog-programname into lp:cloud-init

When I tried the stock config file on an alpha of Fedora 20, rsyslog 7.4.2 simply dropped cloud-init's messages altogether and left cloud-init.log empty.  I can at least see that cloud-init managed to send all the usual stuff to syslog because journald saw it and stored it separately, so it seems to be just something on the syslogd side.

I'm not married to this particular solution or anything.  It just happened to be the first thing I tried, and it worked, so I didn't spend any time to speak of trying to debug syslogd.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~gholms/cloud-init/rsyslog-programname/+merge/186906
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~gholms/cloud-init/rsyslog-programname into lp:cloud-init.