Re: [Merge] lp:~smoser/cloud-init/run-status into lp:cloud-init

This looks great, and I believe the behaviour you describe will fulfil my use case. Thanks!

One minor nitpick. When you overwrite status.json, is there a race when a reader might see an incompletely written file, or have I missed something? Can you rename the file in atomically? Same for result.json. Then readers are guaranteed to always be able to parse the files if they exist. I don't see the symlinks needing any special behaviour here, as they'll atomically switch to pointing to the new (complete) files as soon as they are renamed in.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~smoser/cloud-init/run-status/+merge/208056
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~smoser/cloud-init/run-status into lp:cloud-init.