Re: fstab entry for ephemeral storage

Ping.

On 04/03/2014 07:12 PM, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
All,

I noticed that cloud-init overwrites the ephemeral storage fstab entry
when booting from a snapshot which could result in the ephemeral disk
being mounted twice.

To reproduce:
1) Boot a VM.
2) Remount ephemeral to a different mount point (for example /opt) and
update fstab accordingly.
3) Shutdown the VM and take a snapshot.
4) Boot a new VM from the snapshot and you'll end up with:
     - the ephemeral disk being mounted on both /mnt and /opt
     - fstab only containing the /mnt entry (/opt is wiped out)

Looking at the code, it seems that fstab lines containing
'comment=cloudconfig' get wiped out. I'm sure there's a reason for this
I just don't see it. Can somebody shed some light, please?

Thanks
...Juerg