Re: [Merge] lp:~jordane/cloud-init/sshd-systemd-fix into lp:cloud-init

Scott,

The issue isn't that you can't add keys later, but that sshd can start before cloud-init drops keys in. If you have some automated script watching for sshd to be up, and then tries to ssh in *before* cloud-init injects keys, then the login will fail, whereas if you wait until cloud-init finishes, then it will succeed. This leaves two options:

1) Make the automated scripts that are trying to ssh wait an arbitrary amount of time, retry, or some mix of the two.
2) Make sshd wait until cloud-init is done

The only negative affect this will have is

Garret,

Hmm, I entirely missed that. Thanks! I've resubmitted with a fix for that as well.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~jordane/cloud-init/sshd-systemd-fix/+merge/226880
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~jordane/cloud-init/sshd-systemd-fix into lp:cloud-init.