Re: [Merge] lp:~nshrader/cloud-init/digitalocean-datasource into lp:cloud-init

I'd be happy to add tests and docs to this - I'll follow up with that.

Regarding the timeout - actually in production, this was modified to have 5 retries with a 2 second sleep to absolutely ensure the ARP table was in order, so this should be modified to reflect that.  If we eliminate it, I suspect we could run into behavior where cloud-init would fail too fast thinking metadata is missing and fail to add keys, hostnames, etc.  Perhaps we could make it configurable?

I'll try the crawler as well once tests are in place, and run it by our image maintainers in our environment to ensure it does what it needs to do.

Thanks for the feedback!  I'll follow up with those patches.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~nshrader/cloud-init/digitalocean-datasource/+merge/238590
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~nshrader/cloud-init/digitalocean-datasource into lp:cloud-init.