Re: [Merge] lp:~larsks/cloud-init/fix-systemd-detection into lp:cloud-init

Hi Lars,

Thanks for taking the time to do this, this looks like a good improvement.

Some tests for this would be good, to ensure that we don't regress here[0].  TestGenericDistro in tests/unittests/test_distros/test_generic.py already has the means to do filesystem mocking in place, so it shouldn't be too painful.

Dan

[0] If I weren't looking at the code too carefully, I'd replace what you've written with os.path.isdir; but that would be incorrect because it follows symbolic links.  Having something that makes us notice if someone does this would be valuable.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~larsks/cloud-init/fix-systemd-detection/+merge/260885
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~larsks/cloud-init/fix-systemd-detection into lp:cloud-init.