Re: [Merge] lp:~daniel-thewatkins/cloud-init/shim_fixes into lp:cloud-init

Good suggestions, smoser.  I've refactored that stuff in to a separate method.

I've also refactored the tests to not dynamically create the packed/encoded strings but instead have them hard-coded.  This reduces the complexity of the tests, and also means that you can see the strings that are being tested explicitly; I hope this gives you enough context to understand what it is that we're testing. :)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~daniel-thewatkins/cloud-init/shim_fixes/+merge/273977
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~daniel-thewatkins/cloud-init/shim_fixes into lp:cloud-init.