Re: [Merge] ~smoser/cloud-init:bug/net-explicit-lo-type into cloud-init:master

RHEL/Centos docs say you *really* shouldn't modify the built-in ifcg-lo.cfg unless you know what you're doing.  It appears that you're affirming this (if loopback: continue);  We probably want to log a warning in case someone *wanted* to render a specific loopback config.

If we did want to support it, then you need to update sysconfig renderer to handle type 'loopback' and write out an ifcfg-lo.cfg and require some default config so we set all of the values needed.  Here's a F25 ifcfg-lo:

[root@f25 ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo
DEVICE=lo
IPADDR=127.0.0.1
NETMASK=255.0.0.0
NETWORK=127.0.0.0
# If you're having problems with gated making 127.0.0.0/8 a martian,
# you can change this to something else (255.255.255.255, for example)
BROADCAST=127.255.255.255
ONBOOT=yes
NAME=loopback

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~smoser/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/319943
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of ~smoser/cloud-init:bug/net-explicit-lo-type into cloud-init:master.