[Merge] ~chad.smith/cloud-init:cc-ntp-testing into cloud-init:master

The proposal to merge ~chad.smith/cloud-init:cc-ntp-testing into cloud-init:master has been updated.

Description changed to:

cc_ntp: Restructure cc_ntp unit tests add with_logs class attr to unit tests.

Any CiTestCase subclass can now set a class attribute with_logs = True and tests can now make assertions on self.logs.getvalue(). This branch restructures a bit of cc_ntp module to get better test coverage of the module. It also restructures the handler_cc_ntp unit tests to avoid nested mocks where possible. Deeply nested mocks cause a couple of issues:
  - greater risk: mocks are permanent within the scope, so multiple call-sites could be affected by package mocks
  - less legible tests: each mock doesn't advertise the actual call-site
  - tight coupling: the unit test logic to tightly bound to the actual implementation in remote (unrelated) modules which makes it more costly to maintain code
  - false success: we should be testing the expected behavior not specific remote method names as we want to know if that underlying behavior changes and breaks us.

LP: # 1692794

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~chad.smith/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/324450
--
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~chad.smith/cloud-init:cc-ntp-testing into cloud-init:master.

Follow ups