[Merge] ~powersj/cloud-init:cii-kvm into cloud-init:master

The proposal to merge ~powersj/cloud-init:cii-kvm into cloud-init:master has been updated.

Description changed to:

Would like an initial review, please!

Example command:
$ python3 -m tests.cloud_tests run --verbose --platform kvm --os-name xenial -t modules/locale

Note, not all existing tests work with the kvm. This is because lxd runs with the root user, whereas kvm runs as a normal 'ubuntu' user. Certain assumptions were made with lxd that do not apply to kvm. As such updated test cases will come in a later merge.

Note, there are a couple logging drive-by changes that I made in order to
make the verbose output easier to view and more complete.

Note, I also added a check that this is not ran as root.

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~powersj/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/327646
--
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~powersj/cloud-init:cii-kvm into cloud-init:master.