Re: [Merge] ~powersj/cloud-init:cii-kvm into cloud-init:master

"It also makes far more sense to have a command as a string, as an array is not a command."
That is generally false.

A shell tokenizes a string based on some very complicated rules and turns it into an array which it then passes to execve(2).

If you ever have to pass a command that has a ", ', &, *, , # in it, then you'll end up wishing you could pass an array due to fighting the shell's interpretation.

we should do a better job in cloud-init in subp or this path of printing the command so you can cut and paste it than we do (not just  printing the array), but that is fairly easily done.

i'll takea  poke at fixing the shell stuff to proper arrays.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~powersj/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/327646
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~powersj/cloud-init:cii-kvm into cloud-init:master.