Re: [Merge] ~smoser/cloud-init:cleanup/cii-cleanup into cloud-init:master

> I'm not sure I understand the dropping of instance property from the NoCloud
> KVM class vs. the LXD one.

An Image does not have an instance associated with it.

An 'Image' is something you can manipulate the contents of (execute,
write_file, read_file) but is not booted.  Imagine it being a .img file
that you can mount-image-callback on (as it is in nocloud-kvm).

Currently the lxd Image is something that has to be booted in order to
provide those operations. It uses an actual lxd.Instance to do that.
There is nothing specifically wrong about this, and may well be how
we have to do things on some platforms.

My goal on lxd though would be to replace that with 'lxd-pstart' (or
lxd-pstart like function).  That way there is no 'cleaning' required
as there are no side-effects of the original boot.

I believe that its name and "important look" made Josh believe he needed
to implement .instance in nocloudkvm's Image. So,  I demoted the .instance
to be private.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~smoser/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/333059
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~smoser/cloud-init:cleanup/cii-cleanup into cloud-init:master.