Re: [Merge] ~d-info-e/cloud-init:salt-freebsd-patch into cloud-init:master

This is an interesting set of changes.
In order to configure salt, you have to know details of 2 things
a.) the distribution
b.) salt software

Generally knowledge of the distribution has been in the distribution class and the software in the 'config module' (cc_salt).

You've mostly maintained that here.

It seems to me that information about how to install software X on distribution Y is actually more closely coupled to the software X than the distribution.

So it feels to me that its better to just keep distro specific knowledge of a given package in the config module rather than putting it into the distro.

Does that make sense?

Thoughts?

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~d-info-e/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/340112
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~d-info-e/cloud-init:salt-freebsd-patch into cloud-init:master.