Re: [Merge] ~d-info-e/cloud-init:salt-freebsd-patch into cloud-init:master

Dom,
Yeah, we have knowledge of ssh in the distro module.  It more qualifies as a "basic service".  Similarly, recent work is being done to do ntp configuration.  ntp also seems "basic".

So yeah, I like your suggestion in the link you provided.

Some thing like the PuppetConstants might be helpful.

class SaltConstants(object):
   def init(self):
       if util.is_FreeBSD():
           self.package_name = 'salt_minion'
           self.config_dir = '/usr/local/etc/salt'

https://code.launchpad.net/~d-info-e/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/340112
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~d-info-e/cloud-init:salt-freebsd-patch into cloud-init:master.