Re: [Merge] ~rjschwei/cloud-init:activateNet into cloud-init:master

> I think this should be OK if Centos images will ignore the STARTMODE variable,
> right? or that it's in-sync with the ONBOOT value?

I do not know the behavior of the tools on Centos when they see values they do not understand. wicked simply ignores unknown stuff and one would hope that Centos tools work the same way, but it would have to be tested.

> If this is a SUSE/wicked only setting, we may want to have some way to toggle
> the left-hand side value to be either ONBOOT or STARTMODE depending on the
> distro?

I don't think that we have any notion in the sysconfig.py implementation about where we are, see my comment in lp#1799540 (which is why I didn't take that and provide a patch). I think if we want to toggle the left hand side it requires bigger surgery.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~rjschwei/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/357710
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~rjschwei/cloud-init:activateNet into cloud-init:master.