Re: [Merge] ~goneri/cloud-init:freebsd_hostname into cloud-init:master

i am running a very recent version of the master branch in my production environment with FreeBSD and never had problems with the hostname so far. so why exactly do we need this? is it may inherited from a super object and still correctly set as of now? in addition to these 2 questions will the change honour the preserve_hostname config option?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~goneri/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/365631
Your team cloud-init commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of ~goneri/cloud-init:freebsd_hostname into cloud-init:master.