Re: Cloud-init not installing rpms (CentOS 6.5)

On 2014-03-28 22:16, Joshua Harlow wrote:
I think u want the power_state_change one.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cloud-init-dev/cloud-init/trunk/view/head:/cloudinit/config/cc_power_state_change.py
[2]

Then put in something like.

power_state: reboot

Let me know if the above works.

Interesting thought.  Got the below working instead
though, so haven't tried this.

Although your 'package_reboot_if_required' should have worked, maybe a
bug?

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cloud-init-dev/cloud-init/trunk/view/head:/cloudinit/config/cc_package_update_upgrade_install.py#L36

Yep, looks like a bug.  Line 25 there says:

  REBOOT_FILE = "/var/run/reboot-required"

Looking at a VM here which just installed a new kernel,
there's no /var/run/reboot-required file.  Further
Googling around pretty strongly indicates it's a
Debian/Ubuntu thing only.

The easy workaround (tested, and working) was to
inject an extra file to /var/run/reboot-required.
After the package updating completed, *bang* reboot.

With that, I think this bit of stuff is working
well enough to build the rest of our regression
testing framework on top of now.

Time to find out... ! :)

+ Justin