Re: Still struggling with systemd cycle

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:44 PM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 10/31/2016 04:03 PM, Scott Moser wrote:
> > On Sat, 29 Oct 2016, Robert Schweikert wrote:
> I also dropped
>
> Before=basic.target
>
> in cloud-init.service as basic.target is needed by wicked.service (the
> magic to configure the network) and thus one cannot have
>
> After=wicked.service
> Before=basic.target
>
> together as that forms another loop.

wicked.service has this

[Unit]
Description=wicked managed network interfaces
Wants=network.target wickedd.service wickedd-nanny.service
After=network-pre.target wickedd.service wickedd-nanny.service
Before=network-online.target network.target

I suspect this is the real loop; cloud-init.service wants to run before
networking is up; it
currently requires 'networking.service' on Ubuntu which is the ifupdown
target; it's not clear
to me that we're getting the equivalent target on SUSE; and likely wicked
is wanting to run
*after* basic.target which makes that loop and it gets dropped
(cloud-init.service).

Could you send:

systemctl list-dependencies network-online.target
systemctl list-dependencies network.target