Re: (aix-)port and cloud-init defaults: where and how to get them as much as possible in a focused location.

On 20-Dec-16 22:57, Scott Moser wrote:
Hey,
some inline comments below.

I really appreciate your interest, and want to help out. 2 things though
a.) i'll be out after friday for 2 weeks
b.) converstations lkke this would be good to have on cloud-init mailing
list
    https://lists.launchpad.net/cloud-init/

You can subscribe at https://launchpad.net/~cloud-init

So for further discussion would you mind sending there?
You can introduce yourself and your goals.
Introduction:
a) I know a lot about AIX: I host two portals: www.rootvg.net and www.aixtools.net. I am on github as "aixtools". b) I try to not talk about my employer, however, I do not hide it either (IBM Lab Services) c) what I do here, and all in OSS is my own time, on my own personal hardware (so it is older model, like me ;)) d) I am a maverick (others might say "independent thinker", but arrogant works too) e) also new to python - so I may ask things you would/could/might consider self-evident.

Goals:
a) healthy discussions (see below)
b) a port of cloud-init for AIX - and suitable for inclusion in the main branch (unlike the current "source" now available based on 0.7.5)
c) learn more python
d) find more interest aka backing for a patch I wrote for (c)python for AIX (Lib/ctypes).

FYI: I am still typing, but my mail program says I have received it. If this comes in double - please forgive the new guy.

There wont be a ton of traffic, but community involvement like this will
help others to see that they can help out.

Scott